Monday, December 3, 2012

Prenatal Echocardiogram

I had my prenatal echocardiogram on the baby's heart today and everything looked great!  The baby will have another echo at birth do to the risk of a heart defect being 50%, since she has T21.  Sadly, it never gets easier seeing her on the ultra sound monitor and I now associate fetal ultra sounds with utter despondency.   I'm constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop.  Luckily she has been rockn' that extra chromosome and is growing like a weed! 

1 comment:

  1. Hugs! I hated ultrasounds during my pregnancy because I so rarely got good news.

    Luckily things have changed since Lauren arrived almost a year ago- she's doing very well and we almost always get good news now!

    Pregnancy with a confirmed diagnosis is hard. Don't forget to give yourself a break!

    ReplyDelete